Ukrainian delegation to take part in MH17 crash reconstruction in Netherlands - Deputy PM

4.08.2015 р., 17:05

Ukraine's Deputy Prime Minister Hennadiy Zubko said in Kyiv on Tuesday the reconstruction will last for three days. In addition, a joint technical report on the crash which was prepared by all the participating countries will be approved there. A criminal investigation will also continue. "It has reached a lot of conclusions that have been provided to the UN Security Council to pass a resolution [on establishing an international tribunal to investigate the crash]," Zubko said. Russia was the only country to block this decision in the UN, the official said. "We'll explore other ways," he stressed. The Netherlands will continue searching for the missing fragments of the plane, and Ukraine will be facilitating this in any way it can, Deputy Premier said. As we have reported, Deputy Foreign Minister Olena Zerkal had said earlier that the Netherlands would present a report on an investigation into the MH17 crash in eastern Ukraine at an August 10 closed session of an international task force investigating the crash but would not publish it for the time being. Russia vetoed a UN Security Council draft resolution proposed by Malaysia on instituting an international tribunal to prosecute those responsible for the MH17 crash in late July. Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 en route from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur crashed in a separatist-held area of eastern Ukraine on July 17th last year. All 298 people onboard were killed. Preliminary investigation into the crash showed the plane was hit by a surface-to-air missile, presumably fired from a separatist-held area east of Donetsk. The Dutch Safety Board said it planned to publish the final report on the crash in October.